Irrespective of the age of your home, most house electrical problems manifest warning signs before they worsen. Knowing the signs of an electrical fault can enable you to make a timely repair and prevent hazardous occurrences that may cause property damage or electrocution. You may diagnose some of the problems yourself, but most of the problems require professional repair and diagnosis by a Domestic Electrician in Brisbane.
There are many myths associated with electrical wiring, and many homeowners lack qualification to do electrical wiring on their own. DIY is very common among many homeowners today and while you can apply the DIY technique to put up drywall or fix a problem with your plumbing system, you cannot afford to use the technique to fix electrical problems, irrespective of how minor they may seem. You can avoid major disasters and injury if you contact a Domestic Electrician in Brisbane by observing the signs below.
The Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping
Modern circuit breakers in today’s modern home have replaced the traditional fuse boxes. There is no cause for alarm when a circuit breaker trips and automatically turns off the circuit. In case of such an occurrence, you simply put back the switch. However, frequent tripping may be an indication of a short in a certain area of your wiring. If not attended to, it could cause a dangerous electrical fire.
If you have equipped your home with modern appliances such as a desktop computer and microwave ovens, you are likely to experience frequent dimming and flickering lights. In some instances, the problem may be the flickering lamp itself. You should conduct a test on the fixture or lamp using an alternative outlet. However, if you are experiencing flickering light from more than one bulb, you could be experiencing a major wiring problem. Consult a professional electrician to find out if your home electrical system requires an upgrade.
Modern light fixtures and electrical gadgets are made to work without you realizing that they are using electricity. If your light produces a buzzing sound when you light it, the cause could be a bad wire or lamp. If you notice a mild shock, buzz, or vibration when you turn your appliance on, it could be a sign of an electrical problem. You need to call an electrician when appliances or light fixture shocks in a different outlet.
You should never get burned whenever you touch an electrical outlet. It should also not produce a char marks or buzz. If you notice such, it could be an indication of faulty wiring near or inside the outlet. Also, it could signify the presence of a dead outlet. Dead outlet could be brought about by faulty DIY or loose wire.
The above are some of the major signs of electrical problems requiring a qualified Domestic Electrician in Brisbane. One of the major mistakes most homeowners make is hiring quarks to do electrical jobs or do DIY on major electrical jobs. The fact is that you will save more when you hire professional services than when you rely on DIY.Read More